2015年3月23日 星期一

Our Journey [我們的旅程] ─ Chapter1 ─ We met in a virtual world but chatted deep in our heart

We met each other on okcupid, and I knew this website from a blog ( I forget which one),and I registered this website by typing a long essay about myself and did many tests about myself, wanting to meet some people that can communicate deep things inside our heart, and trying to practice English, hoping to expend my world. When I felt like trapped, this window is the place that I can see the world.



I will always remember he said to me that " I wish I lived near Taiwan." I didn't know what will happen the next. I thought he might have read my profile, and left those messages. And this made me want to talk more with this man.

We start to write long long messages to each other, at beginning, we probably replied each other couple times a week. As time goes by, I start to expect his messages. Every time I read those messages I felt happy and joyful. And I don't even know how he exactly look like. All I know is he has a brown hair.

And I never forget that messages from internet has been polished by thinking more than one time before typing out, which means it might not be real. However I enjoyed this adventure and I never forget this risk. This is a thing that I haven't tried before.


We kept messaging each other for couple months, we start to exchange our photos. And we still message each other in okcupid. Until one day we exchanged our facebook, we started to webcam via facebook.

As this story came this far, I have to say, the technology nowadays really change the way people interact with each other. In my life, I hadn't gone abroad back into the time I met him, I didn't have those environment to speak English with native English speaker. I wasn't rich enough to travel. But I know I've always wanted to open up my world. Not just geographically, but also mentally, spiritually. I want to meet someone can talk through through those spiritual topic. And it seemed that I just found one. technology itself doesn't means good or bad, it's the user make it has different value. Some people show the fake self via internet, some express the true selves. I cherish this encounter, I do.

I introduced this man to my family, by webcaming, by sharing those ideas we have chatted. I wanted to let my family know him and let him know about my family. We webcam each other for around half year, and then my mom invited him to see Taiwan.

I was so surprised that Mom is so modern! And Dad agree with that, too~
So he booked plane ticket, and we started to counting down the day we first meet each other in real world.

曾經在某個部落格看見了這個網站,okcupid,寫了自傳,做了許多測驗,註了冊,目的是希望可以遇見可以和自己有內心交流的朋友,也想練習英文,想擴展自己的交友世界,當初像是被困住的我,這扇世界之窗是我看世界的地方。

我永遠不會忘記他給我的第一個訊息,「我希望可以住得離台灣近一點。」當時覺得,想必他是看過了我的自傳,才留下這樣的訊息,於是內心某處牽動著想和這個人多聊一些的思緒。

我開始寫很長很長的信,我們大約一個禮拜會回對方一到兩次,就這樣持續了好幾個月,隨著我們聊的日子越來越長,我開始期待著他的訊息,每次讀他的訊息時都讓我感到愉快與雀躍。接著在某天,我們交換了相片,我終於知道他的模樣。我們也繼續傳達並交流彼此的訊息,而我從未忘記,網路的訊息往往是經過潤飾所展現出最美好的自己,在這樣的冒險旅程中,我享受著這樣的新鮮感,也仔細的閱讀他訊息中的訊息,並做出下一步的決定,這是我以前從未嘗試過的事。

我不得不說,現在的科技讓人與人之間的互動變得很不同,網路充斥著欺騙與虛假,也有著真實,有些人運用網路展現虛偽的自己,有些人運用網路展現最真實的自己(我是後者)。科技本身沒有善惡,是使用者賦予它不同的意義,我從來沒有這麼自由的發表自己的意見,在彼此認同與不認同的主題下暢所欲言而不是互相排斥,我知道我希望我的生活是在這種開放與自由的心靈下所建構的,我很珍惜這次的邂逅。

我們繼續聊著,又過了幾個月,我們交換了臉書,開始了我們的視訊之旅。同時,我也將她介紹給我家人親認識,我希望朋友可以認識我的家人,也希望我的家人可以認識他,我希望他認識的是真正的我還有我所生長的環境,可以的話,也接受真正的我和我的一切背景。不管這趟旅程的結果會是如何,我知道我絕對不會後悔。

就在我們視訊了好幾個月後,我的媽媽邀請他來台灣走走,認識認識台灣,認識認識我們,也讓我們認識認識他。而我的爸爸也同意這麼做。

我非常的驚訝媽媽會有這個決定,於是他訂了機票,我們開始倒數在真實世界見面的那天~


沒有留言:

張貼留言